While digging through boxes of stuff in the basement, I came across this questionnaire. It had originally been published in the Kitchener Record on January 2, 1982 as a test to see how well parents knew their children. My mom ended up beating my dad by a score of 20-14. 30 years later, I scored a 9.
1. Who is your child’s best friend?
A: Dianne and Ken Dearlove and brother and Steven
2. What colour would he like his room to be?
3. Who is your child’s greatest hero?
A: Harrison Ford
4. What embarrasses him most?
A: Reading the Bible in church
5. What is his biggest fear?
A: When will I die
6. In gym, would your child rather play basketball, do exercises or run relays?
7. What is his favourite kind of music?
8. What person outside the family has most influenced your child’s life?
A: Cub Master
9. What are his favourite and least-favourite subjects in school?
A: Favourite: gym. Least favourite: geometry
10. Of what accomplishment is your child proudest?
A: Winning 4 trophies for bowling
11. What is your child’s biggest complaint about the family?
A: My brother
12. What is his favourite television show?
A: You Asked For It
13. What sport does your child most enjoy?
14. If you could buy your child anything in the world, what would be his first choice?
A: A digital watch
15. Who is your child’s favourite teacher?
A: Mrs. Rahn
16. What really makes your child angry?
A: When my brother bugs me
17. Does your child feel liked by the children at school?
18. What would your child like to be when he grows up?
A: Professional baseball player
19. What has been the biggest disappointment in your child’s life this year?
A: Not be able to go swimming
20. Does your child feel too small or too big for his age?
21. What gift from you does your child cherish most?
22. What would your child’s choice be for a vacation: A camping trip, a visit to a big city, or a boat trip?
A: A boat trip
23. Which of these chores does your child dislike most: Drying dishes, cleaning his room, or taking out the trash?
A: Cleaning room
24. What non-school book has your child most recently read?
25. What is his favourite family occasion?
A: Summer holidays
26. What foods does your child like or dislike most?
A: Favourite: fish and chips. Least favourite: pizza
27. What nicknames is your child called at school?
28. When does your child prefer to do homework: Right after school, after supper, or in the morning before school?
A: Before bed
29. Which would your child prefer to have as a pet: A cat, dog, bird, or fish?
30. What is your child’s most prized possession?
2 thoughts on “30 Questions with Me, Age 9”
Entertaining – #27 is really funny if you didn’t have glass at age 9. 🙂
I got my first pair in grade 3. That moment may have done more to shape my awkward social development than any other event.